Friday, September 11, 2009

Never Forget

I was in 6th grade. I was in my 2nd period Geography class. An announcement came over the speaker asking teachers to turn on their TVs and tune into the news. I watched the first burning tower. I remember the silence that fell over my class. I watched the second plane hit. I remember Mr. Armenteros(my teacher) kicked the cabinet the TV was on. I remember the school being locked down. I remember the tears in my teacher's eyes. I remember the fear being so thick it was hard to breathe. My mom came an hour later after they finally let her and took me home. I remember being terrifies because at the time we lived in an apartment building. I remember the next day. Red, White, and Blue everywhere. I remember for the next two weeks the whole school sang the national anthem so loud you could hear it in the halls. I remember the faces of the fire fighters. I remember the people jumping from the towers. I remember war being declared. I remember tears in our president's eyes. I remember tears in my eyes and the eyes of those around me. I remember the candles and pictures and flowers at Ground Zero. I remember the heroes in combat boots on TV. I remember. I will never forget.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, it was a sad day for all. I can't even begin to imagine the things the families of those who were lost are feeling

    ReplyDelete