Thursday, September 10, 2009

Because she got me thinking

A while back OHmommy wrote this post.

Whether I agree with her or not is no where near the issue, she is a fantastic blogger and I respect her opinions.

She got me thinking about health care though, to be honest I don't know how the problem never crossed my mind. I must warn you that if you are looking for a post about how current health care affects the majority or how the health care reforms might affect the majority, you ain't gonna find that here. As I've mentioned in previous posts I am 19 years old, I work full time as an executive assistant and I go to school full time. My mother is a teacher and also goes to school online. I make roughly 11,000 a year. I do not have health insurance. Medicaid will not accept me. I am a perfectly healthy 19 year old female and insurance companies would like to charge me about $130 a month, dental not included. If some of you don't know the I'd like to be the first to tell you. Luxuries like a car and gas and food and school supplies don't come cheap. It is because of this that I have gone uninsured. Thankfully I have had no medical emergencies and so it hasn't been an issue. That is until about five months ago I started experiencing some side effects due to weight gain. I am not talking about 100 pound wight gain I gained about 40 pounds. The point is because I have no insurance I haven't been able to see a doctor to treat this side effect.

While I don't agree completely with everything the president is proposing I agree that something has to be done. I know for a fact that I am not the only one who has gone without insurance. I am fully aware of what free health care can do to the QUALITY of the health care you receive. I grew up in Cuba and the hospitals there make you sick just by walking in. I can't say that I have the perfect solution. I don't know that there is a perfect solution. There will never be a one size fits all, don't worry be happy solution. I can tell you that something HAS to be done. We are a country of innovation. I like to view as shoe shopping, stay with me now it makes sense, you go to the store and you see a shoe you like, you try it on, if it doesn't fit right you take it off and put it back. Our legal system and constitution allow for change. I don't propose that we pick something and live with it, on the contrary, I think we can find the solution that will fit the majority by trying things out and compromising. Yelling and each side bickering will not help nor will it fix anything. BEFORE you go and leave me an angry Anon comment I'd like to remid you that I have my right to my opinion and I don't care what you say if you say it as Anon I will totally blow you off(not in the good way). If you grow some balls and tell me off as yourself I will take what you say into consideration. Now. Go forth and yell.

No comments:

Post a Comment